Spring Recital Preview
Energy Dance Co. Writer
3 April 2019
RECITAL PREVIEW/ DRESS REHEARSAL
CLASSIC PROGRAM & PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
Saturday, April 13th 5:00-6:30 pm @ TH Bell Junior High School Gymnasium
This year we are using the Recital Preview as our Dress Rehearsal. There will not be a dress rehearsal at the studio prior to the Recital Preview- Recital Preview IS the dress rehearsal. PARENTS ONLY are invited to attend the Recital Preview.
Recital Preview is a chance for the dancers to get on a stage and get some jitters out in preparation for our BIG SPRING RECITAL at WSU. The recital preview is for our Classic Program & Performance Program ONLY. You will notice a huge improvement in the dancer’s performance at WSU, and we attribute that to the Recital Preview.
- DANCERS: Arrive promptly at 4:15 pm. Please arrive ON TIME in your costume, with hair and makeup done as if it is the recital. Dancers are required to sit with their class for the entire show. Find your class immediately upon arrival and stay with them after you perform. Parents can pick up your dancer when the entire show is over. This is practice for our recital on May 11th when all dancers will perform in a Finale number at the end of the recital.
- PARENTS: Please drop off your dancers with an Energy Staff Member at the entrance. Have a seat and enjoy the show. You may help with costume changes if needed (dressing rooms are located behind the stage).
- ENTRANCE: This performance is completely free! Each dancer paid a recital fee to help cover the cost of the venue and sound system rental.
- PARENT VOLUNTEERS: We need a few volunteers to sit with classes and watch the show during the ACT that they are NOT performing in. You will be sitting on the ground in front of the stage. Please let me know ASAP if you can help. We will also need parents to sit with classes at the Spring Recital.
Parent Volunteers Needed to sit on the floor during ACT 1:
- Monday 5pm 4-6 yr D&T: 2 parents needed (10 kids)
- Wednesday 7pm 6-9 yr Hip Hop: 1 parent needed (6)
- Wednesday 4pm 5-7 yr Dance: 1 parent needed (7)
- Tuesday 6pm 4-6 yr D&T: 2 parents needed (10)
- Wednesday 11am 3-5 yr Ballet: 2 parents needed (9)
- Tuesday 4pm 5-7 yr D&T: 1 parent needed (8)
- Monday 5pm 6-9 yr Dance: 1 parent needed (10)
- Tuesday 7pm 7-12 yr Hip Hop: 2 parents needed (14)
- Performance Troupe 2 Jazz: 1 parent needed (3
- **Sitting on own: Perf 3 Ballet w/Perf 1 Ballet (4 dancers), 12 and older Hip Hop(9 dancers)
Parent Volunteers Needed to sit on the floor during ACT 2:
- Monday 4pm 3-5 yr D&T: 2 parents needed (9)
- Monday 4pm 3-4 yr Ballet: 1 parent needed (6)
- Tuesday 7pm Cheer: 1 parent needed (5)
- Wednesday 5pm 4-7 yr Hip Hop: 2 parents needed(9)
- Wednesday 4pm 4-8 yr Tap: 1 parent needed (3)
- Wednesday 10am 3-5 yr D&T: 2 parents needed (10)
- Wednesday 4pm 3-5 yr D&T: 2 parents needed (10)
- Tuesday 11am 3-5 yr D&T: 2 parents needed (10)
- Performance Troupe 1 Jazz: 1 parent needed (3)
- Performance Troupe 2 Ballet: 1 parent needed (5)
- **Sitting on own: 10+ Dance (11 dancers), Performance Troupe 3 Jazz (3 dancers)
Want new articles before they get published?
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.